Is Internet Marketing A Business Or Hobby For You?
While there are many who claim to work in Internet marketing, the sad truth is that a great percentage of those are actually treating it as more of a hobby than as an actual, fire-breathing, expanding business concern. They may not even be aware of this, but simply operate each day, week, and month content in the “knowledge” that they are making Internet marketing their life’s work. Well, there are tell-tale signs that you should be aware of, to be able to not only fend off the ragged tags of amateurism, but to begin truly building something that will last beyond this month. Let’s take a look at some of these clues.
- Not Setting Goals – If you are truly interested in achieving something, you set goals to help you get there. There is no better way to do it. You treat these seriously, not writing them on January 1 and pulling them out again the next New years. You treat them as living, breathing encouragers to help you get to the next level.
- An Extreme Lack Of Focus – One of the hallmarks of an IM hobbyist is the inability to focus on any one task, niche, or market for any appreciable length of time. Once your goals are set, focus in on them until they are achieved. Don’t skip all over the map “trying” every shiny new toy or program that comes down the pike.
- Not Investing In Your Business – No one spends money on something they’re not interested in, right? So it goes with your business. If you have a vested interest in seeing this thing through to success, you will make strategic, well thought-out investments that will affect your bottom line. This doesn’t mean buying every new thing that comes along: use your business investment dollars to advance the current direction of your business in a fruitful way; nothing more!
- Not Leveraging – If you are trying to go it alone, you will take forever to get there (unless you are very fortunate or VERY talented). Everyone needs help, whether that comes in the form of outsourcing, a partner, employees, or some other source. Don’t attempt to go it alone!
- Avoiding The Hard Things – This is the one that let’s you know you’re treating your Internet marketing as a business and not a hobby. If you will summon the guts to tackle the hard nuts of traffic generation and list building, this indicates a desire to take this beyond the level of hobby and turn it into something that you be able to pass down to your children.
Do you need to look at any of these, and make some changes in the way you do things? No time like the present!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.